Sunday, June 14, 2009

Earthquake and Pantages...







My mom surprised me with a ticket to go see the play Dirty Dancing as a Mother's Day present. She took me, my buddy, Natasha, and my SIL Deena. It is always a fun time to go to Hollywood and look at all the stars that line the sidewalks. It was a great play, but right in the middle of it I felt some shaking going on! At first I thought it was the man next to me dancing, but very quickly realized that it was an earthquake. It doesn't matter how many I have felt, they still frighten me badly as how do you really know how big it is going to be? Lots of people ran from the theater, but amazingly the actors did not miss a beat. Natasha and I looked at each other and held on to our armrests. I kept looking up at the ceiling as the Pantages is an old building with huge ornate fixtures everywhere! After the play everyone was standing around discussing the earthquake. Deena and I saw a Channel 5 news van and we were chosen to be interviewed! So funny, I have had many people now tell me they saw me on TV! Definitely a night to remember!

No comments: