Monday, November 17, 2008

November? Seriously???







I had a New Year's resolution to blog. Guess what? I fell off the wagon! It is November and it has been almost 9 months since I wrote? Geessssshh....bad girl, bad girl!

The summer was a blast. My mom and I went on the fabulous So. Cal to Provo Bus Tour headed by my friend, Jessica Guthrie. Man, what a time that was! We shopped all the way from Corona, CA to Provo, UT at all of these wonderful scrapbook stores! I never knew I "needed" so many things - LOL! CKU was awesome! My mom and I were in a dorm and we dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2. We really have to come out of our shyness box sometimes, huh? We performed in front of everyone and came in second! I also took classes with the incomparable Ali Edwards and Tim Holtz! On our bus tour we even were surprised with a tour of Provo Craft! I am just in awe that I was able to see behind the scenes and they were so very generous with their gifts to us. We also saw some sneak peaks of goodies to come - scrumptious and so exciting! Don't ask, I can't tell - LOL!

In September mom and I were off to Phoenix for Creative Escapes! We were lucky to get in through friends who gave us their second spot in the lottery. I had been waiting for over a year to attend this event and you know what? I got sick! So, so sick that I missed two days of classes and the final wrap-up special dinner! Blech!

The twins started school at our Catholic church. They are learning so much more than at their other school. Can you believe Ben & Briana are now sophomores?

Now we are already in the whirlwind of the holidays - my favorite part of the year! I am busily making my crafty Christmas presents. I hope my family likes them.

The wildfires were horrible. They were so close to my mom and dad in Brea. Part of my old high school even burned down. Two blocks away from them had to be evacuated. There were fires in my city, too, but we are so blessed to be a few miles away. Thank God for our firefighters!

Until next time....

No comments: